The goals of the Biodiesel Fuel Education Program are to provide unbiased, science-based information about biodiesel, and to assist in the development of educational tools for a national biodiesel outreach program.
The Biodiesel Education Program at the University of Idaho develops and distributes educational materials that support advances in infrastructure, technology transfer, fuel quality, fuel safety, and increasing feedstock production.
We educate government and private entities that operate vehicle fleets, other interested entities, and the general public, about the benefits of biodiesel utilization. We aim to:
- enhance current efforts to collect and disseminate information;
- coordinate with other biodiesel educational programs and with government programs aimed at encouraging biodiesel use;
- create a nationwide network system that delivers biodiesel information to targeted audiences;
- identify and document the benefits of biodiesel utilization; and
- identify gaps in technologies and information and develop strategies to address the gaps.
Jon Van Gerpen
Professor and Head, Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
University of Idaho