Proposed activities that support CRISSP objectives include:
- team-centered interdisciplinary research under the close guidance of faculty mentors;
- access to state-of-the-art research facilities for natural resource and biotechnology training;
- seminars addressing scientific methodology, graduate school preparation, and skills for successful completion of graduate studies;
- recreational opportunities aimed at building team skills and a shared sense of community;
- exploration of ethics in science and the environment; and
- opportunities to participate in presentation of scientific results in professional outlets (conferences and publications).
August 7, 2012