Upon further review we have decided to postpone the 2015 CRISSP REU Internship Program until the summer of 2016 pending notification from NSF this March on our renewal grant. We apologize to any potential applicants this year but feel it is best for the program to delay until 2016. Thank you.
If you are still interested in applying for another grant opportunity we will be posting the application soon for the 2015 Regional Approaches to Climate Change (REACCH) Summer Internship Program at the University of Idaho, Washington State University and Oregon State University. For more information on the REACCH PNA project you can view the website here. To apply, please visit the REACCH Summer Internship Program website.
You must be a US Citizen or permanent resident to apply. CRISSP encourages applications from students from groups that are underrepresented in the sciences (e.g. Native Americans, ethnic minorities, and women).
All college students who are currently enrolled and will not be graduating during the spring of 2015 are welcome to apply. Applicants must at least have sophomore standing by the start of the REU program and be enrolled in their degree program during the fall semester of 2015.
To apply, please complete our “CRISSP REU Application Form” at the bottom of this webpage. You will be asked to:
- Complete the CRISSP REU Application Form
- List your top 3 research projects
- Attach your Letter of Interest indicating your: 1) top 3 research topic areas; 2) previous research experience; 3) career goals; and 4) interdisciplinary research experience or your explanation of the importance of interdisciplinary research as it relates to your field of interest. **For more information on interdisciplinary research, download “Employing Philosophical Dialogue in Collaborative Science” paper here
- Attach your Curriculum Vitae (or Resume)
- List contact information for 3 references
- Request that one Letter of Recommendation be Emailed directly to Marijka Haverhals
**References and letters of recommendation can come from the same people.
You will receive a confirmation Email from firstname.lastname@example.org once all of your application materials above are received.
Applications will be evaluated by the CRISSP Summer Internship Committee on their strengths across the criteria listed above, and the best applications will be forwarded to faculty mentors. Each mentor will contact interested students from the pool and conduct phone interviews; selected students will be notified electronically starting Monday, April 13, 2015.